Friday, August 15, 2008

Beckond Blog: Monday, May 05, 2008


Beckond Revamped: First Show!
Current mood: rockin
Category: Music

Hello Family, Friends, and Beckond Fans:

How is everyone doing? Ryan here. I've been meaning to do this for a while, but have not gotten the chance to do so until now. My first show with Beckond is coming this Friday. I feel electricity in the air and am eager to go out and "melt some faces" with some heavy rock & roll. It has been a pleasure playing with Brody, Trent, Brad, and Jared; four talented musicians with a love for music. I feel honored to share a stage with them.

I would like to formally introduce myself and tell you a little about me. First of all, I'm not as mean as I look in our pictures. I'm much worse. When I'm not venting anger through heavy riffs, I'm kicking kids off of their bikes and stealing suckers from toddlers. I intentionally change lanes without using my blinker, and I like to yell "NOT" at the end of all my sentences. I ocassionally walk up the down escalator, and always try to offend people with my harsh language. Don't come around me if you don't like hearing words like "stupidhead" or "uglyface."

To be honest, I'm a little kid trapped in an adult body. I love being around people and having good, wholesome fun. Music has always been an outlet for me, and being a part of Beckond has been a great way to shove frustrations into lyrics so I can sing them out. I've been singing since I was 3, thanks to my brilliant mother. I began playing guitar with the sole purpose of singing love songs to girls, and because you can't carry a piano with you anywhere you go.

My musical influences are quite varied. I listen to a myriad of different styles of music (except country), but my favorite bands are Breaking Benjamin, Thrice, Mew, Dave Matthews, and Jars of Clay, with a number of Mexican rock groups mixed in. I think my voice has the same quality as Dan Haseltine's from Jars, but dig it when people can sing like James Hetfield (which I cannot). I think my voice gives Beckond a different sound, and hope you all like it.

I am married to a beautiful mexican girl named Yunuen. She is without doubt the best part of me. I met her while studying a master's degree in interpretation and translation in Guadalajara, Mexico. I currently work at Primary Children's Medical Center as a medical interpreter, and I love what I do.

Cars are my passion. Trent and I became good friends while working at an undisclosed government job, mostly due to the fact that we share so many common interests--namely fast cars. We would spend countless hours discussing and comparing different cars in our little tuner minds. Time well spent! Trent is a man I deeply admire.

I am stoked for our upcoming show and hope you can all make it! We have been practicing hard to bring you all a tight show with new songs, and new versions of Beckond songs you already loved. So, keep your calendar open for this Friday, and please come up to me and say hi if you get the chance. I'm the mean looking bald guy that tries to play guitar as well as Trent.

Wishing you well,

Ryan

2 comments:

Janint said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lanae said...

I love you Rye!