Friday, August 15, 2008

Beckond Blog: Sunday, May 11, 2008



First Show Is in the Books and My Neck Hurts!
Current mood: contemplative
Category: Music

Beckond's first gig with the new lineup is officially in the books. Hooper was definitely not ready for the face-melting wall of sound their cows were going to be hit with. I heard some dairy farmers had to sell butter the next day instead of milk because their cows' udders were shaking so hard from the blistering frequencies of two axes, a bass, keys, and a monster drum-kit that their milk churned to butter. Boo-yeah! Hooper Butter-Churners UNITE!!

We were all very excited to finally play a show. Two flatbed trailers were placed together to make a stage behind our host's home, and we spent a long time setting things up, checking levels and mics, etc. The band "Coveting Aymie" opened up with three of their songs and got the crowd ready for us. They were good sports, and their guitarist hooked me up with some ibuprofen to calm ann emerging headache. Needless to say, good guys all around.

The time finally came, and Trent started playing the opening riffs to Silent Scream. As soon as the first heavy chords broke in, I realized I was witnessing a long-time dream of mine coming true.

Our set including some old favorites as well as a couple of newer songs. The set included Broken, Exile, Slim Jam, New Wave, Empty V, and Whit. To be honest, playing was a little difficult due to sound and light issues, but all-in-all, those in attendance seemed to genuinely enjoy themselves.

The night came to a close way too soon, but the adrenaline pumping through my veins wouldn't let me sleep for another couple of hours. Plus, I head-banged so hard I think I partially screwed my neck off. I couldn't move the next day! I'll have to start doing some exercises, starting slow with head-swaying, move on to bobble-heading, then do some no-no-no's, and ease in to straight on banging!

Everyone who took the time to catch the show: THANK YOU!! You rock!! We'll be playing again soon and throwing out new tunes to make things interesting.

Stay tuned to this blog for Beckond updates, shows, etc. Something big is starting! Make sure you are a part of it! See you soon!

-Ryan

PS. I heard butter is half off in Hooper for a limited time . . .

1 comment:

Lanae said...

My first time to hear you guys and it was great. I think the cows loved it. They probably produced more milk (the next morning). Seriously...I'm glad that you guys are together and are working so hard to get a CD. Keep it up! :D